Saturday, January 16, 2010

This is Sparta

May 2007.


Spartan Baby Is Born
WAAaaaaaAAaaaaaaaaaaaa........! The silence of the night is suddenly broken. Panic stricken I jumped out of my warm bed and rushed toward what sounded like a cry of pain and anguish, all sleepiness gone my attention was now focused to this little 3 over kg small human (mini me) wriggling and squirming in its cot crying its head off. Yes my little Spartan is born a.k.a “Baby Lucas". 


Sweat rolling down my brows and my heart beating like a drum, I pick my Lil’ baby up, suddenly a deep cold realization hit me...'This is MY Son' I am a FATHER!!! I felt weak at the knees and would have buckled under what seems like a huge load in my arms if my wife didn’t hold on to me. 


Joy, gladness, thankfulness, excitement and apprehensive all this feelings were deep inside of me. Baby Lucas was crying his head out and I Mr. Dad didn’t know what to do. Was he hungry? But I just fed him! was he wet? No it can’t be, I just changed him 5 minutes ago! Oh No! he must have caught colic…that dreaded “COLIC” a fear of every new parent. This is really not how I want to start my first night with baby. I hold him close to me and try my best to comfort him. Taking a quick glance at the clock i notice it's already 3.am gosh! It’s been a hard day. I was tired out of my mind; my body was screaming from exhaustion what am I to do?


WAAaaaaaAAaaaaaaaaaaaa....... will it stop? Hush little baby, I try comforting him with a song hoping my voice will calm him, I say a silent pray and hold him close to me patting him on the back SUDDENLY! "Buuurrrrrpppppp…… " And all chaos stops! No more crying no more fussing. Baby Lucas just needed a good old slap in the back or rather to be burped. Silence and peace ,all seems well now. I lay him back in his cot; he looks at me briefly and slowly drifts to sleep. His face peaceful again with the occasional baby noises that only a baby can make.
Yes, I am A Daddy now, and this is my first night and more to come. I have never been happier or more excited in my entire life. I am a Dad “A Spartan Dad” and I will be ready for anything I hope. What a wonderful thing. 


Till fingers meets keyboard



Live with Passion

No comments: